3D Character Artist | Game Artist
Hi! I'm Rodrigo Gonçalves, a 3D Character Artist specializing most in 3D Modeling, Digital Sculpting and Texturing for creative projects.
+ E-mail: rodrigopixel @ gmail.com
+ Recommendations & Testimonials
• Some released projects that I worked on so far:
• Studio: High Horse Entertainment |• Platform: PC/Steam, PS4 and Nintendo Switch |• Released date: 2017 |• My Role: 3D Character Artist |• See the project
• Description: As a 3D character Artist, I worked in 2 characters for "Disc Jam", a Console and PC game released by High Horse Entertainment. See the project!
• Studio: Adam Poots Games |• Platform: Board & Card Games |• Released date: 2016 |• My Role: Digital Sculptor for Miniatures |• See the project
• Description: As a Digital Sculptor, I've worked in 2 miniatures characters for "Kingdom Death", a board game released by Adam Poots Games. See the project!
• Studio: Angry Mob Games |• Platform: Mobile Game |• Released date: 2015 |• My Role: 3D Character Artist |• See the project
• Description: As a 3D character Artist, I've worked in 20 characters for "Toys Burg", a mobile game released by Angry Mob Games. See the project!
• Some recognition and highlights of my work:
+ 2018: Honourable Mention at Artstation's Challenge 2018 - "Beneath the Waves - Game Character Art (real-time)"
+ 2017: 1st Place at Artstation's Challenge 2017 - "Ancient Civilizations: Lost & Found - Game Character Art (real-time)"
+ 2x Top Row at ZbrushCentral.com.
+ ZBrushCentral 2017 Highlights Video at 3m:26s.
+ ZBrushCentral 2016 Highlights Video at 0m:32s.
+ 1x Top Row at ArtStation.com.
+ 5x Polycount Recap at Polycount.com.
+ 5x Highlights at ZBrush blog by Pixologic.
+ 5x articles featured at 80 Level website
+ 5x Staff Pick at Sketchfab.com.
+ 1x Marmoset Viewer showcase at Marmoset Toolbag website.
+ 1x article featured at Substance 3D blog by Adobe
+ 1x Artist Highlight at CGSociety.
• Some publications/magazines where my work has been shown
• Recommendations & Testimonials
• Gilberto Magno – 3D Character Artist
“Rodrigo is a great professional and I had the pleasure of working with him in some character modeling projects to games. He has easily to take hard work surface and organic modeling.
In addition of his technical and artistic skills, he is very responsible and dedicated with respect to deadlines and delivery of projects. He is also a very easy and pleasant person to work with. I recommend him for any game company.”
• Jonfer Maia – 3D Character Artist
“Rodrigo is not only a great professional but he is also a very good friend! I had the opportunity to work with him and I’ve learned a lot. He is always helping me and other people to grow as an artist and always share his knowledge the best way possible.
The quality of his work speaks for himself.”
“Rodrigo is a top notch character artist. Not only is he a phenomenal talent, but he is a consummate professional who communicates very well. There were times on our project when I knew exactly what I wanted, and there were times when I only had a vague idea and no concept art for Rodrigo to work from. He was able to nail down my vision perfectly and produce some amazing art based on very loose concepts.
Even though English is not his first language, he speaks very well and we never had a problem with communication. Our conversations were easy, productive, and most importantly his work came in on time and complete.
His methods are technically sound, his files are organized, and most importantly, the artwork itself is brilliant!
You’d be hard pressed to find a more capable character artist in the freelance community.”
“Rodrigo is an artist who strives to achieve more than most artists I have encountered in the video games business. He is always trying out new ideas and techniques and pushing the boundaries of what is achievable in a very short amount of time. He takes a keen interest in his work and performs extremely well with a friendly ‘can do’ spirit.
Rodrigo has excelled working for character designs for both my mobile and XBox One games with a tight deadline and limited resources. He made a wide range of character types and provided excellent rig-ready models and detailed texture maps for each. They came out much better than originally planned under his input.
Rodrigo would make a great fit at any company as one of the most enthusiastic, motivated and hard working people I’ve ever worked with.”• Scott Easley – CEO at Easley-Dunn Games
• Bogdan Iliesiu – Creative Director at Angry Mob Games